Etz is a leading provider of timesheet solutions to the recruitment industry. In business since the year 2000, with arguably the best solution in the marketplace Etz’s business to date had primarily come through word of mouth and partnerships with some limited telemarketing.
A need for a dedicated marketing resource
In March 2011 Etz had the need for a dedicated marketing resource. Its innovative product had a growing customer base and it was felt marketing could rapidly increase sales, focusing on a more inbound approach to marketing. Building on the ad-hoc work done to date Etz required an on going, focused and dedicated marketing effort undertaken by one agency.
Outsourced marketing department appointed
Following a recommendation Xander Marketing was appointed by Etz as its ‘outsourced marketing department’ for 10 days a month on an on going basis. Xander Marketing was selected due to the broad range of marketing it offered, particularly its strategic approach to marketing and experience in digital marketing.
A detailed strategy was developed initially and the first project was to design, write and build a new website, develop consistent messaging, create a sales video and design a new company brochure.
Once this ‘marketing platform’ was in place Xander Marketing became responsible for:
- Guiding the Etz marketing strategy
- Updating and improving the conversion rate on the website
- Search engine optimisation
- Google AdWords
- Writing white papers and building landing pages to generate leads
- Email marketing – lead generation and lead nurturing
- Advertising campaigns
- Writing regular blog posts
- Establishing a presence on social media and managing campaigns on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Creating videos of the software
- Interview clients and write Etz case studies
- Developing the Etz brand
- Trade shows
- Direct mail campaigns
- Promoting and running webinars
- Starting and maintaining a monthly newsletter
Increase in sales lead quality is just one of the benefits
A dedicated marketing resource for Etz has resulted in:
- An increase in customers of 400%
- Quality of sales leads have vastly improved and are now coming into the business regularly
- A new, professional looking website with a higher conversion rate
- A significant increase in web traffic, and more importantly relevant web traffic
- High rankings in search engines for relevant keywords
- Positioning Etz as an ‘educator’ through the development of thought leadership content
- An increase in prospects becoming customers through the monthly newsletter
“Since Xander Marketing has been engaged by Etz we have seen a strategic shift in our approach to marketing. Xander Marketing’s experience with other SaaS businesses ensured they knew exactly what was required in recommending a Marketing Strategy.
Their execution of the strategy has changed the perception of the company. We’re getting new business and old prospects coming back to us now.
The work has also resulted in a tremendous improvement in both lead quality and leads generated. Xander Marketing has also greatly improved all our marketing material to the point where we feel we now lead our industry.”
– Nick Woodward, Managing Director, Etz Timesheet Solutions